Friday 25 December 2015

HOSEI WOMEN - ESSENCE OF CHRISTMAS

 
I woke up this morning thankful and happy to be alive on this Christmas day. Two days ago, a younger friend called me to ask whether I'm interested in buying Christmas chicken, for she is selling. I told her I'll love to, but I have no money to buy. She came over to my house yesterday with a big chicken and some foodstuffs. Though I have no money in my bank accounts, though I have unfulfilled dreams, though my life is not perfect, I am full of happiness and peace. For God has been so good to me. I have blessings money can and cannot buy.

I am alive and well. I am living the life I want. I am true to myself and all around me. I am secured in my Father's love.
We tend to overlook the things we have and concentrate on the things we are yet to attain as human beings. And that is a big mistake. For a person that does that will never be able to enjoy and appreciate the good things in his/her life. He/she will always be striving for new heights, never enjoying or being content with life.

Christmas season is a time to share the love of Christ with family, friends and people generally. The best way to share the season is by doing what my lovely friend did for me, giving. Look around you and be a blessing to other people. You don't need to do so much before you can be a blessing to others. There is no gift too small. Some people that you least expect might be in need. Don't judge by sight or status. Listen to your heart and intuition and be a blessing.

You can give a smile. A hug. A word of prayer. A kind word. You can pay a visit to elderly people. Give gifts to orphanages. Give your next door neighbour some of your cooked food. I couldn't afford to share as many gifts as I usually do every Christmas and end of the year this year, but I did the little I could afford and will be rounding up by entertaining some people with the chicken and foodstuffs my friend gave to me. That is the joy of the season, giving and receiving in love.

So enjoy your Christmas day by giving and receiving. Don't give a thought to what you are yet to have and celebrate all you do have. Merry Christmas dear friends. 

Life is to be enjoyed and not to be endured!

No comments:

Post a Comment