Tuesday 29 December 2015

HOSEI WOMEN - EVERY DISAPPOINTMENT IS A BLESSING

 


I was taught by my parents, while growing up, that every disappointment is a blessing. I had a difficult time understanding and believing this. How can something so devastating and upsetting like disappointment be good, much more, being a blessing. My skepticism grew in bounds when I started having personal experiences with disappointment. By the time I was in my late teens, I concluded that the saying is just to console and reduce the negative effects of disappointment on those that experience it. I kept experiencing disappointment upon disappointment in my life, that I thought I was going to be a failure in life. For every positive and good thing that happens to me, I experienced countless disappointments.

Yet, instead of failing, my life kept getting better. Every disappointment gave me wisdom, direction, strength, courage, and determination. Every disappointment I experienced gave birth to bigger and better opportunities. By the time I was in my early to middle twenties, I stopped fearing disappointment, even though I still considered it an enemy. I still cry and become inconsolable for long periods after experiencing disappointment in my life. And even when something better comes my way and I'm comforted, I still think back on the lost opportunity that caused my disappointment with regret and pain.

By the time I was in my early thirties, I had become well acquainted with disappointment. Because I found it a regular occurrence in my life, I decided it's best for me to befriend disappointment and understand the reason for its occurrence in life. My findings are both surprising and pleasant. I discovered that disappointment helps me to stay humble and totally dependent on God and His help. Disappointment serves as a propeller, it gives one the experience, zeal and determination to know better, do better and expect better. It matures and grooms. It strengthens and makes one to know, understand and learn what works and doesn't work. It prepares one for success. It makes someone appreciate and treasure the blessings that happen as the "real deal" and to appreciate that disappointments are not meant to be in the first place. Disappointments are meant to prepare and groom for the "real deals".

As John the Baptist was to Jesus Christ, disappointment is the same to greater and better successful opportunities. This understanding made disappointment a friend to me. I lost all fear and resentment towards disappointment. I stopped looking back with regrets and pain at lost opportunities and disappointments. With the knowledge that disappointment is a sure indication that some thing/one is not meant for me, I'm thankful and grateful for the disappointments I face in life. Since second best has never been an option for me. The best is the real deal. I now know beyond any doubt that every disappointment is a blessing.

Now, in my late thirties, I expect disappointments. I welcome disappointments. I use disappointment for my good. For I now completely understand that what is meant to be, will be. If it doesn't, it means it is not meant to be. While I still feel disappointed when faced with disappointment, it is natural (I'm human after all), l embrace and celebrate the disappointment I feel. For it's a sure indication that I'm being prepared and groomed for the real deal.

Nothing can stop the real deal if you understand the purpose for the disappointment. It's not meant to destroy you, or stop you or prevent/deny you the real deal. Disappointment is meant to prepare, groom and qualify you for the real deal.
This understanding helps to stay strong, expectant, determined and convinced of the future occurrence of the real deal when faced with disappointment.

Life is to be enjoyed and not to be endured!

No comments:

Post a Comment