Friday 22 January 2016

HOSEI YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP FEEDBACK - GBENGA



 
All gratitude is unto the Lord for His infinite mercy. If it had not been the Lord on my side, what can I say? I acknowledge my mentor, sponsor, dream booster & honorable president of Human of Substance Empowerment Initiative, Barr. Abiade Abiola.

I’m honored to give this testimony. Right before I got the opportunity of becoming a HOSEI Beneficiary, life used to be an imaginary vision, an unreal dream. I knew it could actually become reality but only with the type of support HOSEI has rendered. Being inquisitive was my first learning after the first mentoring class we had at HOSEI. I later learnt about life issues, social graces, etc. Mentoring class has made me realize that being creative is thinking beyond the box, it has impacted in me principles, morals & character making me assimilate more on connection & networking, etiquette, courtesy, patriotism, self confidence, relationship, the champion in me, communication and lots more. Furthermore, I learnt about time consciousness, never to surrender to obstacles or hindrances.

I used to be an intern at a building construction company during the first 2 months of my scholarship, where I learnt practical building. Due to some challenges & domestic issues, I had to cross to fashion designing as an apprentice where training was more interesting & fun. Presently I can manage all kinds of sewing machines like ordinary, over locking & button hole machine. I can likewise sew unisex garments, bow ties, skirts & blouses, native dresses and English styles. Being a part of HOSEI has really been such a wonderful and fantastic blessing to me.

To round off, I’ll like to quote a saying, “The poor save money to waste time while the rich spend money to save time”.
                                                                                                              Gbenga David-Tifase

2 comments:

  1. Abiade,

    Every time I read a testimony from the beneficiaries of the HOSEI Youth Scholarship, I'm just awed! Nation building, one block at a time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done sis. I'm mighty proud of you...

    ReplyDelete