Wednesday 21 October 2015

HOSEI WOMEN - ABUSE IS AN OFFER




Nearly everywhere I turn to, I hear women saying they are just managing their marriages. They are unhappy and unhealthy in their body, soul and spirit due to their experiences in marriage. I see a lot of disillusioned, bruised and battered women, walking zombies, heart broken with dead eyes screaming for help. Tired and burnt out. I see beautiful women with awesome personalities from afar, but on drawing close, I see and feel the overwhelming sorrow and pain they try so hard to hide. The pain of domestic violence/abuse borne for years is apparent and disturbing. It has left an indelible mark on them.

They look like a flower that withered prematurely. Like a beautiful butterfly that has lost its magic due to its entrapment. Their marriages have turned into a life long prison. The offence they committed for their imprisonment is marrying the person they married. A thing of beauty and forever joy has turned into their own forever bondage. Held bound by the hope that their abuser will change. And despite the obvious fact that there is no likelihood of that happening, they hold onto their delusional belief. Yet, heavy and hard to bear is the burden of their imprisonment, for it has no time frame. They fear that they're going to die in it.
This fear eats them up every waking moment. They mourn their wasted years, dreams and aspirations. They mourn the fact that they are unable to fulfil their lifelong dreams because of the person they married who has become the enemy of their soul. In the name of marriage, these women are tortured and beaten daily, molested and assaulted, starved of food, drink, basic necessities, love and affection. They are afflicted with impunity. With no fear of repercussion, because the perpetrators know that the society will look the other way in respect of the marriage institution. Thereby making a mockery of the essence and purpose of the holy institution of marriage.

Such women are publicly shamed and dehumanized by their so called husbands for whatever reason. And immediately concerned citizens try to intervene, the man shouts "she is my wife", and everyone leaves. As if being an abuser's wife disqualifies a woman from human respect and dignity. Some women are physically locked up for days with no access to food and water. They are raped and sodomized against their will by their husbands. Their bodies are grievously harmed and left to bleed to death. They are subjected to all kinds of inhuman treatments in the name of love and marriage.
They are turned into an object of ridicule by their partners. Lied against, their character assassinated by their abusers, to justify the abuse they're being afflicted with. They are continually stripped of dignity and respect before their children and the general public by their abusive husbands. With time, they lose the respect of everyone. They even lose respect for themselves.

And I asked myself, when I was initiated into this horrible, abusive, toxic, evil and unjust situation "Why? Why must I go through this? What qualifies me for this life? Is this the will of God for my life?"  And the answer that came to me was; "the situation you find yourself is an offer, you have a choice to accept or refuse it. The people that are in it accepted the offer. It's in your hands".

I decided that my life will not be added to the statistics. I made up my mind to reject the offer of evil and destruction life offered me through another human being. I turned to my Creator and asked for His merciful help out of my captivity. I knew His help was all I need to come out. And because He is love, I knew He is not in support of the evils being perpetrated by evil people in His holy institution. Turned out I was right, for He indeed saved me.

Have you been offered an unfair hand by people/fate? Are you in a relationship that has turned into a prison? Are you in the death hold of despair, abuse and depression? You have a choice to reject the offer. You can choose a better life for yourself. It's in your hands. If you say Yes, God will not say No to you.

Life is to be enjoyed and not to be endured!

No comments:

Post a Comment